If you’ve ever met me, you’d probably safely say I’m not typically at a lose for words. However, today I found myself in an unfamiliar place. I was talking to a sweet, sweet listener who had just lost her brother. He was fighting for our country over in Iraq.
Before anyone comments about whether or not the war is good or bad, just don’t. I won’t approve any comments like that here. It’s neither the time nor the place.
What would be awesome though, would be an out pouring of support for the men and women that daily sacrifice themselves for our country. The woman I talked to said her brother felt it was his calling to join the service, and that when his country needed him, he felt no fear when he got his marching orders to head over to the desserts of Iraq. I wish I had that kind of bravery even in the little things in life.
He leaves behind a family with a sister that dearly loves him, a new wife, and this blogger who never k
new him, but is proud of his every action and the dedication he had to what he felt God purposed in his life. He was a real hero and now in my mind a legend. A testimony of bravery.
If you know someone that’s serving in Iraq or anywhere else in the world for that matter, tell them thanks… and let them know I appreciate them too.
Please pray for this family.
0 comments
Post a Comment