There’s so much going on with the political landscape with this year being one where we decide who is going to preside over us for the next four. My hope is that you know me well enough and know where this is coming from in my heart for what I’m about to say.
The truth is when it comes to BOTH sides of the political arena that BOTH sides have misconceptions. I just have a couple that I’ve grown increasingly aware of perception wise on t.v. and radio that have been bothering me this week in general.
About democrats:
- Not all democrats are tree hugging hippies.
(I’ve heard it a million times.)
- There ARE democrats that love Jesus and follow His teaching.
(In fact you probably sit by them in the pew on Sunday.)
-They aren’t all out to get you!
About Republicans:
- Not all republicans are religious crazies.
(Heard a talk radio guy in Michigan say they were the other day.)
- There are PLENTY of republicans that say they are Christian and clearly don’t live it.
(In fact you probably sit by them in the pew on Sunday.)
- They aren’t all out to get you!
For me… I find myself pretty middle of the road. I like stuff that both parties do and say but I’m not part of the green party or anything that rebels against the two major parites. I just find myself having a more moderate view about our country and what’s good for it for the future.
Does my religious ‘affiliation’ have to do with who I vote for? No. However (before people start the hate mail lol)… however… the way I think, act, and speak are affected by the God I serve, therefore my choices and decisions and actions are (hopefully) an outpouring from what He is doing in my heart and mind.
Honestly, I think God looks down at us sometimes and just laughs at how silly we all get about politics. Sometimes we do need to draw a line in the sand, and other times we just really need to get over ourselves.
I’d love to know your take on things.
0 comments
Post a Comment