| 0 comments ]

During a workout certain areas of your body start to ache and almost cry out for you to stop, but then this weird thing happens… you realize that your goal is in sight and that if you just push a little harder or go a little further you can make it happen! That sounds a lot like what happened to my friend Erik yesterday at the gym:


“Yesterday was a rough day. I remember our trainer, Jason, telling us before we started this competition that it was going to be an emotional and tiring journey. I don’t think I believed him until yesterday when I was telling Jason everything that I was going through. I began to realize just how tired and emotional I was getting. But for each frustration and insecurity I unleashed, Jason had an amazing and encouraging rebuttal. He told me about how far I have come and how quickly my body had changed in just 3 weeks. He also reminded me how many pounds I had lost and what that looked like in actual physical weights. And while I was having a hard time going through a (literally) painful process, that there was light at the end of the tunnel, and that it was going to be worth the pain.

Today is a better day. Sometimes we can lose focus or let our “selves” get the better of us, but we have an awesome team and amazing people like Jason who can help us get back on track and stay motivated.”


If you find yourself wanting to give up today, no matter if it’s a weight loss challenge or another aspect of your life, remember that nothing worthwhile ever came easy!

0 comments

Post a Comment