After typing the title to this blog I have to admit that I did give a big sigh. But really… being single is a blessing… not just for me but for others. Ha… let me explain.
In the past 6 months I’ve really made myself available to my friends that are married with children to go out and have date nights. It’s been awesome.
Though I’m not married and I’ve never been in a serious relationship I can see how important spending time as husband and wife is just as being a mommy and daddy is day in and day out… knowing that and becoming aware that some of my ‘married with children’ friends hadn’t had dates in a while (sometimes years) really brought this on.
Kids are a blessing and all of my friends I’ve been able to do this for would totally agree. But so is being married and cherishing the other person with time alone. I’ve been blessed just to know that they have been able to go out to eat, catch a movie, and just relax without having to think they need to change a diaper or rush the kids to soccer practice in the morning.
Maybe I’m just weird… but I’ve struggled with being single off and on, and although I have a strong desire to be married and have a family someday and I hope and pray that God gives me that desire… I know that right now it’s my time to embrace where I am in my singleness and really be in the moment.
If you are single I hope you read this and get a little different perspective. If you are married be thankful because it’s a gift just as much as being single is a gift… and I kinda just sighed again lol… hey… I’m just being real. :P
0 comments
Post a Comment