What is edamame?
Pronounced "eh-dah-mah-meh" ("beans on branches") -- Young, green soybean pods boiled in saltwater, drained, then sprinkled with salt. You eat edamame by popping the soybeans out of the pod and into your mouth, discarding the pods in a bowl.
Anyway… so my friends and I went out to eat one time after church and Jess got edamame. If you know me at all, or have seen some of my previous blogs about not eating weird foods… I was nervous when she offered me one. I’m getting over my fears of wacky foods and trying stuff now since the last two have been so delicious (nectarines and sushi). So I tried it and bingo bango yummmmmm-O!!!
If you haven’t tried it yet you can actually do it at home and I was talking to Jerrod about it yesterday and told him that honestly popping the edamame out of the pods while you eat is half the fun! (*hint hint* for moms with kids that hate their greens! )
Makes 2 servings
1 lb Young, green soybean pods
2 qts Water
Sea salt
Bring 2 qts water to a rolling boil.
Immerse 1 lb green soybean pods in the boiling water; continue boiling for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat. Put under running tap to cool pods down; drain completely. Transfer pods to a serving dish. Sprinkle pods with salt.
ENJOY!!!
0 comments
Post a Comment