have no idea how it happened… but today I had lunch with a friend at Chipotle (yum) and somehow on the way back to work I realized my front right tooth was chipped! YIKES!
I… was… freaking out!
Most people don’t know but I LOVE going to the Dentist. In fact when I had braces I LOVED going to the orthodontist. This is mostly because if something is wrong with my teeth it makes me feel physically sick. It’s almost like an anxiety attack kind of feeling mixed with very slight nausea. (No joke.)
Over the years I’ve had my fair share of dental mishaps. Right after I became a Christian I got to go to my first ever concert (a group named Earthsuit) and there I was… hanging out, having fun right in front. I look over to my right to see why people were laughing when BOOM I catch the elbow of one of my really good guy friends. I’m not one to panic when injured and I remember assessing the problem then immediately trying to make it out of the roaring crowd while pieces of my tooth floated around inside my mouth. Long story short (and believe me the antics of that night I could go on and on about.) I ended up with a partial root canal of my front right tooth at midnight WITHOUT anesthetic. I had the rest of it done the next morning and had it capped.
Why did I tell you all that? Well that’s not the only thing that’s happened to that tooth in the past 8 years, but that’s what started my rush of bad tooth luck (Is there such a thing? Yes, stop asking. lol). Money was tight so I had a fake cap from the day after the concert substituting for a cap until just last year when my dental insurance kicked in and I had saved the chunk of change (and I mean chunk) to have a real one put on.
So yea… imagine my freaking out today when what I’d worked hard for after all this craziness and all the problems to get fixed, and it’s chipping in my mouth reminiscent of that first failed concert.
Luckily I have a WONDERFUL dentist and I was able to take a little bit of time off from work this afternoon to go have him work on it and smooth it over/repair/etc.
God is good, but He was good the whole time. I mean… no matter what God is good, therefore every time I’ve had a problem with this stinkin’ tooth He just watches me freak out (probably laughs a little and takes ok… I laugh at me too.) …and then lets me lean on other people to get things sorted out and back to normal. I love this guy!
0 comments
Post a Comment