In case you’ve been shut out of the secular world of music there’s a newer artist to the states named Amy Winehouse. She’s been severely popular in the UK and Europe for a stint and so her management decided to ‘jump the pond’.
Not only are her vocals ‘old school’, but her life style sounds like a page from Janis Joplin’s memoirs. At first even I thought ‘ahhh another star in need of rehab’ or even something along the lines of starving for attention and so on. (Which I’m sure there may be something like that underneath the surface.) Then I took a step back and dug a little deeper than the hype.
One thing I’m hugely impressed with is this girl’s honesty. I can’t believe we are the same age. (23!) No, she’s not a great role model and her lifestyle seems something to be deserved of, but she’s real. We need more real people today. She owns up to her short comings and she knows she needs help and doesn’t get it but she admits that too.
What’s sad is that people would rather villainize her and like most of the media take every little detail and exploit her. It’s kinda like with Miss South Carolina and the media shredding this poor teenage girl for messing up an answer on Miss Teen USA. I mess up on-air everyday! Literally everyday! I’ll take my headphones of and be like ‘wow that was really amazing’ (sarcasm of course.). I’m pretty gutted about the whole thing. My heart breaks for this girl. I just wish she knew the love that I know or at least wanted to. Maybe she does.
I’ve asked several times for the Lord to allow my heart to break for the things that His heart breaks for and I can’t help but think and know that His father heart aches for his daughter. The thing that keeps me going everyday with this issue and many others is that hope remains.
Hope… remains…
0 comments
Post a Comment