| 0 comments ]

Basically there’s a list of things going around the net on blogs and even on tv about how important conservation is and how our planet is in dire straits. I get it. You get it. But… at least for me… I need something PRACTICAL to do.


Most of the media is telling you to go plant a tree, start a compost pile, and do things like change out al the lightbulbs in your place for CFLs. While I think all of those are great things to do, I rent. Ha… I don’t think my landlord would be pleased is if I tore up the front yard of my apartment area to plant a tree or made a stinky smelly compost pile near my patio.


Here’s what I’ve been pledging to do. Purchase more biodegradable items. I’ve tried the recycling thing before, and I just don’t drink soda’s very often so I end up bringing the cans to work and toss them in our recycling bin here when I do. Another thing I want to be more diligent about is taking my re-usable cloth bags to the grocery store with me. My mom actually bought them for me and I’ve used them a few times, but I forget just as often.


The truth is just little ol me not using plastic bags won’t really make a dent or an impact, but if we all start trending and doing this that dent is obtainable. Not to mention… places like Savemart are taking 25cents or so per bag off your total. It’s not a lot, but I’m a cheapskate ha!


If your family has something easy and practical for most people that are obtainable let me know. Post it here and feel free to voice your opinions/concerns/etc.


Love ya!

0 comments

Post a Comment