It’s almost profound how simple things can be. Take for instance jumping rope. There’s not much to it, but you do have to time things right. You coordinate the motions of your arms/ wrists by switching the handles with the movement of your knees and ankles to bounce (or jump) and miss the rope at that exact moment to keep the cadence going.
In essence… there’s nothing to it. You didn’t do anything really remarkable; you just lifted your legs off the ground long enough for a quarter inch thick piece of string to pass by. I’m finding more and more each day that I over think things. Ha… I mean… I’ve over thought this blog too. Rewriting the first paragraph already three times tells me that.
I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one.
Well… maybe I hope I’m not the only one that feels a bit inadequate from day to day and questions things they think over and over again until they’ve created this whole new scenario. One thing I know to be true though is that the only thing that keeps me centered at from freaking out is the peace I have in Christ. He melted me and formed me into the ball of a person that often times is so wrapped up in the intricacies or mechanics of life that I forget how easy and simple things are too.
I’m just glad He’s a big old fisherman and can reel me back in when I’m lost in a sea of thoughts.
Thanks for reading, and thanks for being with me on the journey.
0 comments
Post a Comment