| 0 comments ]

Re-runs... yea, it's that time of year. Especially with daytime shows. I love love love Rachel Ray, but there's something about watching her show yesterday and having Hilary Swank on promoting her 'new movie' coming out this December as P.S. I Love You that just feels weird.

On the other hand, its sorta cool to catch up on stuff that I never got to see the first time. Like Oprah. Yea... before you X out of this screen and think of me as some Oprah loving new ager... chill. I'm not a fan, but I love stuff about hair and such so yea, I got sucked in. There were a ton of hair stylists to the stars that were giving tips to 'regular people' (yea, thats you and I, lol.).

One guy that they put on was just a 'beautiful mess'. He truly looked like a caveman. Long beard, hunched over, scraggly afro looking hair... ok... I made up the hunched over part... but pretend it was for dramatic usage. Either way he went through the process and when his girlfriend and mom saw him they had like the best reactions ever. (They literally freaked out.) I mean the guy was seriously stinkin' HOT when he walked out, and I'm not into older dudes. (Older = 10-15 yr difference.)

All this to say... I feel like a beautiful mess and I feel like I'm living in a re-run. Granted, my re-run is first syndication, but the day in day out same ol same ol is driving me crazy ha. However the creative process has really been opened up. I've been writing songs, coming up with radio promotion ideas, and even getting a podcast system set up. There's all this depressing cloud stuff surrounding me with 'danger looming on the horizon' (yea more dramatics for fun) but there's this beautiful trusting... leaning... testing process thats taking place too.

Do I want it to be over? You betcha. But I'm along for the ride and so far the view is a Kodak moment.

0 comments

Post a Comment